As your next Mayor, I’ll eliminate city hall incompetence, replace a failed administration, and remedy the damage so Cape Coral residents can enjoy a level of prosperity that rivals our incredible growth.
STOP GOVERNMENT WASTE
When I’m elected, my first order of business is to fix fiscal mismanagement. I’ll apply my deep experience, advanced education, and honed skills in finance, business, and negotiation to bust through bureaucratic barriers and get Cape Coral moving forward.
- Parks GO Bonds: Budget woes stick taxpayers with $40 million in overspending and 3-4 years of delays, yet city hall managers hide the data to avoid accountability.
- Cape Coral Yacht Club: This economically disastrous plan locks locals out from the much-used amenities taxpayer dollars built. Let’s not close it down for two years! A sensible, phased approach is my solution.
- Waste Pro Debacle: I’ll negotiate a smart solution to the stinky Waste Pro contract.
- Antiquated City System: Our permitting and code enforcement systems are mired in operational inefficiency. I’ll modernize these critical services so businesses and residents can thrive.
- Repair Relationships: Cape Coral’s reputation must be strengthened among other local governments and state agencies to better position our city for investment.
- Greater Municipal Transparency: Improve communications from the City for easier, more timely access to Council Meeting materials and Website information.
IMPROVE WATER QUALITY AND ACCESS
Cape Coral waterways are critical to our way of life. I’ll take a big-picture view of our aquatic infrastructure to address shortcomings across the entire ecosystem.
- Improve Caloosahachee waterway health.
- Ensure clean drinking water city-wide.
- Address sewer system inadequacies and plan for impact from projected population growth over the next eighteen years.
- Improve access to irrigation water, particularly during dry months.
- Do more to educate and inform residents so we can work together to protect our unique natural environment.
- Maximize utility operations efficiencies: let’s run Cape Coral utilities like a business, not a bureaucracy.
BUILD BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY
Cape Coral is a place entrepreneurs, start-ups, and small business owners should flourish. As Mayor, I’ll develop out infrastructure and create new business opportunities that benefit our economy and the families who fuel it.
- Create a haven for entrepreneurs and home-based business. This includes reducing regulation and removing barriers that bog down progress.
- Expand the Rehabilitation Center and work to attract the right kind of new businesses that fit in and benefit our community.
- Improve tech infrastructure and connectivity. I’ll drive city investment to encourage competition that keeps internet service rates lower.
- Set better controls for vacation rentals.
ENRICH COMMUNITY LIFE
As explosive numbers of newcomers settle in Cape Coral, sadly the Southwest Florida lifestyle we all love is in jeopardy from inadequate city planning, sluggish infrastructure project progress, achingly slow permitting approvals, and increasing demand on community services. I’ll lead an innovative Cape Coral government that keeps ahead of our planned growth instead of playing a chronic game of catch-up.
- Safety is #1. Improve safety and security by supporting our police, fire, and emergency medical first responders.
- Increase traffic patrol and enforcement and improve roadway safety.
- Complete languishing parks and recreation projects and look for public/private partnerships to elevate parks and rec. experiences.
- Plan new, vibrant community events to bring neighbors and friends together.
- Beautify our city, smartly.